CASA Kindergarten

CASA Kindergarten

Friday, September 13, 2013

All About Me

Happy Friday everyone! We have had a busy week as we have been learning all about each other! Some of the fun books that we have read this week include, "My Crayons Talk," "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom," " Chrysanthemum," "I Like Me," "and "Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons."  We focused on the color red this week.  Thank you for sending in pictures of red items.  We have begun creating a color caterpillar and he will grow each week as we add a new color to his body.  We made Chicka Chicka Boom Boom trees and counted the letters on our trees.  We also graphed the letters in our names and found out who had the longest name in our class and who had the shortest name.  Some of the new centers that we visited this week included play dough and puzzles along with some of the same ones from last week.  We have been playing a fun game on the computer called "Charlie the Church Mouse." It has become a favorite! We learned all about the letter I this week also! We have been writing in our journals each day and have created some beautiful masterpieces! Journals will come home at the end of the month.

I am having fun getting to know this bunch of kiddos! We have a sweet class and I look forward to what's to come! Thank you for sharing your babies with me each day! Have a blessed weekend!

  • Parent Night...Monday, September 23 at 6:00
  • Coming Up...Children's Theater on Friday, September 27.  I still have a few chaperone spots open.  Let me know if you'd like to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment