CASA Kindergarten

CASA Kindergarten

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Great First Week

Hello All! I just wanted to let everyone know that we had a fabulous first week at CASA! I know it's still early in the year, but I have to say, I think we are going to have a really great year.  This is a great group of kids who have really all meshed well together! We even got to celebrate TWO birthdays- Brooke and Riley! Cupcakes on Wednesday and doughnuts on Friday- lots of sugar! :)

Just a few things to remember... Next Monday, September 19 is our Parent Night at 6:00.  I ask that parents only come to this meeting.  I will be going over a good bit of information for the upcoming school year.  We will not go past 7:00- as I know that everyone is busy and I appreciate you taking time out of your schedules to be there.

I will have sign up lists for chaperones for our field trips this year at Parent Night, but I just wanted to give you a heads up that our first field trip will be on Friday, October 7 to Old Baker Farm.  They will allow up to one parent per child for this trip, so we would love to have you join us if you can. It's a great time if you've never been.  The kids will pick pumpkins, take a hay ride, pet farm animals, and lots more! There is a charge for children and adults for this trip.  I want to say that it's between $5-$7 per person.  I will have the exact amount when I send home the permission slip.
We spent a lot of time last week getting to know one another, reviewing our classroom procedures and rules, and settling into our routine.  This week we will be focusing on our "All About Me" unit.  We'll be reading some great books, writing in our daily journals, graphing the letters in our names, and many other fun activities. It should be a great week!







No comments:

Post a Comment