CASA Kindergarten

CASA Kindergarten

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello All! It has been a while and a little bit of a crazy start as we've gotten back in into the swing of things these past couple of weeks. I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is off to a great start in 2011!

We began our unit last week on community helpers. We have talked all about our community and the different jobs of people in our community. We have read several fiction and nonfiction books and today wrote about what we wanted to be when we grow up. We have also been working math problems in our problem solving book.

I probably got a little lax during the month of December with everything we had going on, but I'm cracking down now:) (Not in a bad way!) I just mean that I am expecting everyone's best now. We are really focusing on doing our best work in all areas- handwriting, coloring, taking our time and not rushing through things. They are doing great so far.

I am especially proud of the reading that each of your children have been doing! They all seem very excited about taking home books from school and reading them to their families. I will read with your child at least 2-3 times a week, but I often will not read a new book with them before they bring it home. It is okay to keep a book for a few days and when they are comfortable with it and ready for a new one, send it back. Keep up the good work!

Cole was our star student this week and we have enjoyed learning more about him!
Don't forget that we will be out on Monday for the MLK holiday. Hopefully no more icy weather days for a while!
You also should have received the notice today about Donuts for Dads. This will be on Thursday, January 27 at 10:00 or 10:30. I will double check on that time. If a dad cannot make it,a grandad, or even a mom will work if Dad's not available.

We will begin our unit on Winter next week.

Also- wanted to pass along my cell phone number. Several of you have told me that you texted me and the number that you have is my home number. So sorry about that. You can almost always reach me on my cell- 807-4622.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Stay Warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment